An induction video is a great way of delivering company information simply, quickly and concisely. If you’ve ever done regular induction sessions you’ll know how difficult it is to make sure you deliver the same message every time. You’ll know how much time you’re spending inducting staff that might only be on site for only a few hours and if you have multiple sites the induction problem just gets bigger!
How employees and contractors operate on site is crucial to the success of any company and the quickest and most cost effective way to successfully induct new employees is through video.
Your company message has to be delivered clearly and concisely and when you have many different sites or offices the problem just gets bigger. With a company induction video, new employees are able to engage and share the goals and aspirations. They’ll see the history of the company, who their line managers are and all the important health & safety information like uniform, PPE, fire procedures, etc. You’re in control so you can add what you like and by using the video through our portal you’ll have a monitored system of tracking, which enables you to see who’s done their induction and when.
Construction Site Inductions
Every construction site must give an induction to any new workers entering the site. It should include particulars of the site, highlighting any special dangers, walkways, traffic movements, muster points etc. etc. This is usually done by the site manager or health & safety representative. The problem, however, is that these workers can turn up any time and want to set to work immediately but the manager might be in a meeting and the health and safety representative might be on a site visit. They’re wasting time and money.
What better way to conduct a site induction than through a video? That way the workers can complete their induction either on site immediately or better still, before attending site! The PowerPlus Safety Portal can allow them to log on watch the induction video anywhere, even on their mobile. After watching, they complete a questionnaire to make sure they’ve understood it and then print a certificate off. Now they can arrive on site pre-loaded with all the site specific induction information they need!
The advantages of producing an induction video are…
- Every message is delivered exactly the same every time.
- You can add or adapt the video to suit your changing requirements.
- Employees can watch the video whenever they want through the PowerPlus Safety Portal.
- They can be inducted while you do something else.
- It can be used in sales presentations.
- New employees can conduct the induction “before” they start work so now they come “pre-loaded” and ready to start.
- No more travelling the country to induct new staff. All the training can be done remotely.
- No more “death by PowerPoint”! Our videos are designed to be short and engaging while making sure the employee understands their duties fully.
- You have a legal paper trail in the event of misinterpretation.
Things we can include in your induction video are…
- Site Working Hours
- Driving Policies
- Social Media Policies
- Fire Procedures
- Holiday Procedures
- Time Sheet Procedures
- Core Values
- Company History
- Site Specific Health and Safety Procedures
- Illness and Family Emergency Procedures
- Team Members